Peoria Academy of Science
2014 Treasure Hunt
The Science Treasure Hunt is one of the Peoria Academy of Science activities for children.
2014 Science Treasure Hunt top six winners:
First Place - Eddie Garber
Second Place - Michaela Wier
Third Place - Nathan James
Fourth Place - Alexa Perrow
Fifth Place - Daneasia Purdle
Sixth Place - Austin Hasselman
We would like to congratulate all the participants of this years STH.
2014 Science Treasure Hunt Booklet linked below!
- Science Treasure Hunt (2014 version) (PDF file opens in a new window)
- Everyday Science Experiments with answers (2014 version) (PDF file opens in a new window)
Adobe PDF files - requires free Adobe Reader
To foster the appreciation of science, to spread scientific knowledge, and to promote scientific research.
The Peoria Academy of Science consists of the Peoria Astronomical Society, Peoria Audubon Society, Peoria Botanical Society, Entomology Section, Geology Section, and Central Illinois Herpetological Society. Each year the Academy awards scholarships and science grant money and plans and directs the Peoria Science Treasure Hunt for local schools.
Our annual banquet will be held on April 10, 2014. 6:00 p.m. social/ 6:30 p.m. dinner. Our guest speaker will be Dr. Merril Foster. His topic -- "A biological journey down and around the Gulf of California." We hope to see you there.
The Science Granting Program is designed to help provide funding assistance for the new Peoria area science-oriented educational programs. Eligible grant candidates must:
- Be involved in some aspect of science, engineering, technology or education.
- Document record-keeping, with annual reports or annual budgets.
- Show plans to assume administrative responsibility for the project, including advertising and marketing, if warranted, project supervision, and evaluation. Records will be subject to audit.
- Complete the application form, duplicate and assemble the packets as requested.
- Mail the application before the stated deadline. Late applications will not be considered for any reason. The deadline is a postmarked deadline. The Peoria Academy of Science will not be responsible for misdirected or underfunded postage.
Welcome to the new web site of the Peoria Academy of Science.
Enjoy, and feel free to ask any questions.
Kathleen & Scott